Enriching Education for Everyone!
SUPPORT THE EDUCATION FOUNDATION!
Want to make a tribute to someone with a passion for education? You can honor a special person in your life with a gift to GVEF dedicated in their name. After clicking the Donate button below and entering your gift amount and payment type, simply select Honor or Memory from the dropdown menu and follow the prompts.
Gunnison Valley Education Foundation Teacher Innovation grants provide classroom teachers with monetary resources to explore creative ways to help students learn. To apply for a grant in the next cycle, or to submit a report for a previous grant cycle, please visit https://cfgv.smapply.org.
To learn more about the Gunnison Valley Education Foundation, please visit our website.
Mission of the Gunnison Valley Education Foundation (GVEF)
The Gunnison Valley Education Foundation supports and advances our public schools by raising funds to provide students with an exceptional education that empowers all students to succeed at learning and at life.
- Significant strength and possibility reside in partnership among communities to benefit all students served by the school district.
- Our schools are anchors around which community members gather and connect.
- As technology and teaching practices change, the Gunnison Valley Education Foundation helps our schools innovate and continuously improve.
- Transparency in all we do inspires trust and confidence.
The Gunnison Valley Education Foundation’s Core Commitments
We act in alignment with values and beliefs as an organization by:
- Remaining open to and welcoming new ideas from all segments of the community.
- Fostering opportunities that bring communities together to enrich student learning.
- Encouraging and supporting replication of proven strategies as well as creating new ideas and initiatives.
- Designing fundraising plans and initiatives consistent with our mission and goals. (These plans and initiatives are aligned with best practices in nonprofit governance and leadership.)
- Exercising balanced judgment about which creative ideas and proposals to support financially, recognizing that the primary criterion for decisions about what to fund is based on what most benefits students.
- Practicing fiscal responsibility and due diligence in all matters involving the Gunnison Valley Education Foundation.
- Adhering to our values, beliefs, and core commitments in both good and bad times.
- Practicing neutrality and not espousing political or religious views related to issues confronting the communities we serve.
The Gunnison Valley Education Foundation enriches public education for the entire RE1J School District. The Community Foundation is delighted to have the GVEF as a component fund.