Everyone has dreams.
Philanthropy is a sure way to enable our individual and collective dreams to leave an impact on the community we love so well. When the Foundation works with you, our donors, our goal is always to be true to your intent and to find a way to help you make your gift work the way you want it to.
As a donor, you may choose to contribute to existing funds or may create one or more types of funds in your name or anonymously. Community Foundations work with a wide variety of fund types; there is sure to be one that meets your needs.
Why Start a Fund?
A fund is a giving vehicle that many people use as an alternative to having their own private foundation. They have much lower administrative costs, are easy to set up and are a very flexible way to receive immediate tax benefits while also donating to causes you love for years to come.
As a community leader, the Community Foundation exists to connect people, agencies, and resources to create positive change; and we are experts in our local nonprofits and philanthropic efforts. We can help you find the right fit for your giving and provide an avenue to keep your investments local. In addition, we take care of all the administrative and grantmaking activities, eliminating the need for you to set up a separate foundation, create policies, file forms, and monitor grant recipients. We save you precious time and money. Our staff is available for personalized service tailored to each donor’s charitable and financial interests. By creating a fund through CFGV, you can multiply the impact of your gift dollars when they are pooled with other gifts and grants and build a legacy of giving in the valley.
Three Simple Steps for Starting a Fund
- Ask yourself these questions about your approach to philanthropy:
- What causes are most important to you and why?
- What are the ways you like to give back to causes that are important to you? (i.e., volunteering, serving on a board of directors, donating funds)
- Do you have a philanthropic plan in place? If not, is this something you would like to develop with the Community Foundation?
- Choose a fund type that suits your needs and goals. Learn more about different fund types here.
- Contact CFGV at 970-641-8837 or email our Executive Director, Lauren, to create a fund today.