We’re Hiring! CFGV is looking for our next…
Community Impact Coordinator
Love your community? Think nonprofits are great? The Community Foundation of the Gunnison Valley (CFGV) is hiring a Community Impact Coordinator who will work with staff to administer CFGV’s grants, scholarships, and nonprofit programs! Full job description below. Please send your resume with cover letter to email@example.com.
The Community Impact Coordinator works with the Community Foundation of the Gunnison Valley (CFGV) staff to provide professional training, consulting and other support and programs for local nonprofits; assist with grant and scholarship programs; and assist with or administer other special projects and programs. The Community Impact Coordinator reports to the Executive Director.
- Work with the Director of Community Impact to implement the STEP consulting program for nonprofits, the Nonprofit Institute, the Nonprofit Network (aka “Almont”) training series and post-Rural Philanthropy Days training series, and any additional special trainings that serve the capacity development and sustainability needs of local nonprofit organizations.
- Work with the Director of Community Impact to maintain a Resource Center for and periodic communications (e.g. email blasts) with nonprofit organizations; provide additional supports for nonprofit organizations, as identified; stay abreast of nonprofit needs, including by conducting an annual needs assessment survey.
- When necessary, represent CFGV and serve as liaison to various community initiatives, including but not limited to the Health Coalition Committee of the One Valley Prosperity Project, and at various gatherings of nonprofit organizations.
- Take an active role in CFGV promotions and other communications efforts, including the writing, editing and distribution of press releases and guest columns for the media, thank yous to donors, and informational and promotional materials for donors and other targeted groups.
- Work with CFGV staff to manage the academic and Defensive Driving scholarship application, review, award and contracting process; work closely with the staff to ensure that applications are complete; serve as the primary point of contact for scholarship applicants, parents and school administrators.
- Work with CFGV staff to manage the Community Grant application, review, award and contracting process; work with Director of Community Impact to manage the Grant Review Committee; serve as the primary point of contact for grant applicants and provide technical support for proposal presentation; work with staff to ensure that all applications are complete.
- Assist the Director of Community Impact by recruiting nonprofit representatives to attend donor events, assisting during special events, and helping to maintain mailing list records.
- Oversee all aspects of the Gunnison Valley Volunteers website, including providing technological support to nonprofits and users and making necessary updates to content, and work with the Communications team to devise and implement a marketing and communications strategy.
- Work with the Imagination Library volunteer to oversee the Imagination Library program, including making sure new signups are added to the affiliate portal, working with Imagination Library Colorado on necessary projects or programs, and addressing other Imagination Library program needs as they arise.
- Work closely with CFGV staff to identify, cultivate and steward current and potential donors and fund holders to enable and facilitate donations and grantmaking.
- Develop an understanding of how nonprofits are evolving and adapting, and help identify the best way to meet their changing needs.
- Otherwise support and backup the Executive Director and Director of Community Impact in implementation of the strategic plan and achievement of the Board of Directors’ stated goals.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Successful candidates demonstrate excellent written and oral communications skills; keen attention to detail; efficient time-management and organization skills; proficiency in commonly-used software and systems, such as the Microsoft Office suite and Zoom, and the ability to learn new software systems; flexibility and adaptability; and a love of and passion for our community.
The Community Impact Coordinator position is a full-time (100% FTE) exempt position. Salary ranges from $40,000 to $45,000 and is commensurate with experience. We offer opportunities for cost-of-living and merit-based pay raises, professional education/development and advancement.
CFGV offers several benefits, including health insurance (or equivalent stipend), enrollment in a SIMPLE IRA program, and generous paid time off plus ten paid holidays.
Normal working hours are flexible Monday through Friday, and staff are sometimes required to work outside of normal working hours in the evenings or on weekends. Flex or comp time may be offered in the occasion staff must work outside of normal hours. Employees are expected to work primarily out of the CFGV office in Gunnison.
How to Apply
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Equal Opportunity Employer
CFGV is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO). We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental handicap, veteran status, parental status, and marital status.