We’re Hiring! CFGV is looking for our next…
Communications and Development Director
Love your community? Think nonprofits are great? Want your work to make a difference in your community? Apply for the Communications and Development Director position at the Community Foundation of the Gunnison Valley. We’re looking for someone with communication and fundraising experience who is known for being very organized, likes working closely with a team and loves the Gunnison Valley. Full job description below. Please send your resume with cover letter and three professional references to email@example.com.
Scope of Work: The Communication and Development Director’s primary responsibilities include support, guidance and leadership for all communication and resource development activities, as well as assistance to the Executive Director in various initiatives of the Community Foundation of the Gunnison Valley (CFGV).
Accountability: The Communication and Development Director is accountable to the Executive Director.
Authority: The Communication and Development Director is authorized to execute, or cause to be executed, plans and activities approved by the Executive Director in the areas of resource development, donor database and related records, special events, marketing, communications, and other various initiatives, as outlined in the CFGV strategic plan or otherwise accepted by the Board of Directors.
Specific responsibilities include to:
- Provide guidance and support to the CFGV development team, including the Executive Director, Development Committee, and the Events Committee.
- Prepare annual development and communications plans.
- Coordinate and help execute annual fundraising campaigns and all other donor and fundraising communications.
- Take an active role in CFGV promotions, acknowledgement and other communications efforts, including the writing, editing and distribution of press releases and guest columns for the media, thank yous to donors, and informational and promotional materials for donors and other targeted groups.
- Prepare advertising and promotions schedules and materials; electronic and hard copy newsletters, annual reports, and other communications pieces to ensure quality, consistent and frequent communications with donors and other targeted groups.
- Oversee planning, sponsorship for and execution of special events, including promotional materials.
- Provide oversight for all scholarship activities, and assist the Operations Manager with the administration of the online applications.
- Provide support for Community Grants; work with the Director of Community Impact to review all Community Grants applications to ensure eligibility and advisability for funding.
- Coordinate Imagination Library activities.
- Provide backup support for the front desk, including answering phones and greeting visitors; provide backup support for CFGV’s Nonprofit Program and Education initiatives.
- Otherwise support and backup the Executive Director in implementation of the strategic plan and achievement of the Board of Directors’ goals
- Other duties, as assigned.
Please send your resume with cover letter and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may download the full job description HERE.